There are many tutorials and articles about how to do SEO and online optimization, but it takes time. More time than most are able to put into it. In the beginning it can be a hit and run, trial and error… but it is very important when it comes to successful online marketing. That is why ASF Design Inc. offers this service to you.
Imagine with me for a second . . . someone has just arrived at your website, and this person has no idea what you’re talking about. And this is an important visitor.
When people come to your site, they need to know exact ally what you are all about, but first they need to find your site! Brian Clark mentions five steps to drive people to your site.
- Research Tools: Yes, you can use Google’s Keyword tool, but if you are really serious and it is possible there are other tools available. He mentions another free one (registration required) on Aaron Wall’s SEO Book Keyword Suggestion site
- Get Specific: An individual keyword can get lost. A very specific keyword phrase may be more successful in bringing in customers. “My Efficient Plumbing Service in Ft. Lauderdale” really narrows down the search.
- Strength in Numbers: When looking at search results, examine the most popular combinations of words and phrases. Learn from them.Highly Relevant: Look carefully at your product or services. Make a list of the terms that you feel really represent what it is. Do you offer mainly plumbing repairs? Do you do new construction plumbing? Do you have solid experience working with older homes? You are allowed more than one keyword phrase.
- Develop a Content Resource: Are your keywords enough to bring the customers to your site? Do they set the cornerstone of your site and its goal?
A cornerstone is something that is basic, essential, indispensable, and the chief foundation upon which something is built. It’s what people need to know to make use of your website and do business with you. From Brian Clark’s SEO Copywriting Made Simple
Clark goes on to mention a 5-step strategy for creating that cornerstone.
- Keywords: once more.
- Title Tags and Headlines: He states that “A title tag is a headline.” The heading of that online page has to have the heavy-duty keywords worked into the title and the beginning of the first paragraph. This important information cannot be hidden somewhere.
- Content: A well written article can very easily become a high-ranking search item. It must contain quality and concise detail.
- Content Landing Page: That first page needs to have all the necessary information anyone needs to answer their initial questions. You can have links to articles that go into further detail on another page.
- Related Content: Here is where you go into that other detail mentioned above. Links can be put in a sidebar so they are easily accessible.
Another main need is for up-date posts to be added regularly. Offer how-to articles for downloading. Have videos to show the how and why–if it fits. Let your audience know who you are! When they can see you and learn a little bit about you, they are more comfortable in approaching you.
Have a comment section and make sure you check it regularly. Questions that go without answers are a sure turnoff. If you feel better, you can set this up with a notation that you preview all questions. Unfortunately there are those who love to add inappropriate comments to such areas.
These are the tools and the means where we are able to help you. Learn from the information above and contact us. Carrying out the steps above on your own, is time consuming. Since this is what we do, we have the time and will take your data, making it work in the most efficient way there is.